Re: [OM] {OM} BLM1 Battery Caution

Subject: Re: [OM] {OM} BLM1 Battery Caution
From: "Peter Klein" <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:42:11 -0800
Olympus does in fact say so, but the documents saying so are on the Web.
<http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/oima_cckb/Olympus_Battery_Compatibility_Chart_BLM_Final_Print_EN.pdf>

The compatibility chart linked above clearly shows that you can use either
battery in any camera, but you can only charge each battery in the charger
specifically designed for that battery.

They also say that while you can use the BLM-01 battery in the E-5, it is
"not recommended."  Probably because of the E-5's higher current drain,
the BLM-01 won't last as long, and they don't want to get complaints about
it.

--Peter