Re: [OM] Futile

Subject: Re: [OM] Futile
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 20:05:21 -0500
While visiting in Dallas recently I asked my newphew if I could get a
picture of him and his family.  I was going to go out to the car and get
the 5D but he told me not to bother and handed me his iPhone.  The first
shot was a clear failure since I managed to get a finger in front of the
flash.  So I took a second shot and all looked good on the screen.  He
said he'd email it to me and did that on the spot.

Well, I got the photo the other day and it suffers from horrid motion
blur.  I should have been suspicious of a low light shot but it did fire
the flash.  I guess I don't know how to hold or trigger that camera
properly.  I don't recall exactly but it seems I had to tap the screen
somewhere to trip the shutter.  Not good for damping vibration.  I
didn't check any of the technical specs of the shot since I didn't know
how to.  Anyhow I've asked him to make another.  I hope he can make it
work better than me.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt