[OM] Comparing 50 mm lenses

Subject: [OM] Comparing 50 mm lenses
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 21:35:47 -0500 (EST)
Marnie was tickled her bucket was used on lens test. On the calibrated
monitor she preferred the f8Tammy
rendition too. I trust the focal plane was identical as possible and
minimal PP identical. (well, I'd bet a bundle on it, it is a Moose test
afterall)  Perhaps just a tad of
capture sharpening of the RAW files? I don't remember if he focused
with mag LV at the exposure aperture to eliminate focus shift. The
Zuiko and Tammy appear to be clearly tad sharper especially apparent on
the
vase. I think the 50 super Tak would outperform the CZJ. I did have a
later C/Y within 15 ft of the test as well as the Z. 50 mmf2 macro to
see how they fared. Perhaps next visit.
I see what Chuck means- seems a tad more exposure with the CZJ making
other comparisons more difficult.

I thought Moose tried the C/Y 35-70 too but that might have been
another shot. It has loads of "3D" rendering and biting
microcontrast characteristic of a "Zeiss" rendition. Resolution isn't
everything of course and this lens would not always win that contest.
It is a very nice landscape lens stopped down and has a macro
capability on the short end with a pleasant rendition.

http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests/35mm_test.html

More 50's then will admit to, Mike