Re: [OM] IMG: An Unusual Airplane

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: An Unusual Airplane
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 11:36:43 -0600
Chris,

As you will probably recall, the CG of most aircraft is normally located
fairly close to the 1/4 chord of the wing.  In this one, the tank is between
the pilot's feet and the rear of the cowling, which places it above the 1/4
chord, an ideal location for a varying load.

The float plane version of this a/c also carries firefighting liquid in the
floats.  It is referred to as the Fire Boss.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA