[OM] Cleaning Lenses

Subject: [OM] Cleaning Lenses
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 18:31:49 -0700
    I understand that this topic came up once before about 1-2 years ago.
Using De-Solv-It I've cleaned up all of the handling surface grime from a
Sun 28-80mm lens that I bought on eBay, and now I need to find some way of
cleaning out the grime that has made it's way
into the engraved lettering and other such items.  What is the best way to
do this that won't harm the paint in the lettering?  I can think of using a
soft toothbrush, but what about the cleaner itself?

Chris