Re: [OM] Lytro

Subject: Re: [OM] Lytro
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 08:14:04 +1100
I think that the 'choosing the truth' statement is over the top and
I'munconvinced by the loss of control concern.These are very limited
uderstandings of the technology.  I can see a future of a new form of visual
tour or virtual reality where the image refocuses as the eye shifts across it -
remember Canon's eye control focus? A concept of full immersion photography
where the focus follows the viewer's point of attention is now on the agenda.
As the processing power and storage capacity mutiplies at the existing rate,
this should become possible within 10-20 years.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx