[OM] LCD monitor recommendations?

Subject: [OM] LCD monitor recommendations?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 09:29:45 -0500
I know I've probably asked this question annually for the last couple of
years but the old 17" Samsung SyncMaster 753df CRT is really getting
long in the tooth.

It's time to seriously consider a decent LCD and I'm hoping the
technology and competition has moved on to the point where good LCDs can
be had for reasonable prices.  I know I can buy something very good for
$1,000 or thereabouts but that's not in the cards.  Is there something
with good color reproduction available for, say, $300 or so?

Chuck Norcutt