[OM] Critters, for real.

Subject: [OM] Critters, for real.
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 19:11:42 -0500 (EST)
Wildlife Moose writes:
>Now for the first time, I understand "pop goes the weasel", 'cause
that just
>what its head did in holes in the wall. It
>was actually so close that I had no chance to catch it there, as it
was so
>quick and there were so many possible places
>for the next 'pop'.

Nice critters!  The Daddy Long-legs looks like a possible reclusive
South Hamiltonian variant.

When going through the House of Seven Gables in Salem, MA, the person
at the spinning wheel said the "pop"is the sound
the clock wheel or spinner's weasel makes when the desired length of
yarn is reached.    Seems there are many theories
of the meaning, but even when the lyrics became popular, no one really
understood them, so I suppose your explanation  is as good as any.

Still spinning wheels at work, Mike