Re: [OM] Monitor calibration

Subject: Re: [OM] Monitor calibration
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 10:40:19 -0500
Okay, repeat after me: Bob is an idiot. Again: Bob is an idiot.

As it turns out, when using multiple displays with the MacBook Pro, the Monitor
information in System Preferences reflects the monitor in use. When I went
looking for the Adjust Brightness check box, the MBP was in clamshell mode,
which means the laptop was using the NEC only. No such setting in that
iteration of System Preferences.

But--again, BUT--this morning after an attack of clear thinking, I shut down
the NEC and opened the laptop. There's the Automatically Adjust Brightness
checkbox. And it had a nice blue check in it. So now it's unchecked. I'll
recalibrate and see what happens.

Repeat after me: Bob is an idiot! Okay, that's too harsh. How about: "Bob's not
thinking clearly."

Thanks!

--Bob