[OM] The film from the Leica will be developed...

Subject: [OM] The film from the Leica will be developed...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 17:24:54 -0500
The film from the Leica will be developed on Tuesday or Wednesday at the
latest.  I discovered a small film processing and print shop a few miles
away that I was previously unaware of.  He also has some large Epson
printers (3-4 feet wide) for making prints and also sells some
photographic accessories.  The proprietor says he's been there for two
years.  He also has some ties to a once well known camera shop in the
area (1950s-1970s) which had shrunk to nothing and closed its doors
about that same time.  Anyhow he batches his film and develops usually
two days/week.  I expected it would be more expensive but he says his
charges are $2.00 for developing and $2.99 more for a CD with scans
suitable for 4x6" prints.  He will also make very large scans but I can
do that myself if there's anything worthwhile on the film.

He was quite fascinated by the story of an old, partially exposed roll
in the camera.  That launched us into a discussion of film use and
volumes.  He told me that a woman had come in recently after a trip to
Italy and given him 36 rolls to process.  Then he confided to me:
"There's probably no more than 15 decent shots in the whole bunch".  I
guess some folks should shoot digital for the economics of it. :-)

Chuck Norcutt