Re: [OM] Latest attempt at shameless plugs and sample photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Latest attempt at shameless plugs and sample photos
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 22:14:37 +1300
Ken wrote
> In today's installment of the Zone-10 Shameless Plug Alert, we have a
> photo taken from a portrait session. So what? Everybody takes portraits.
> Yes, I know. But I thought this one might be of interest for several
> reasons.
>
> http://zone-10.com/cmsm/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=656&Item
> id=1
>
> The camera used was my E-1 which I've been grousing about getting rid of
> for like forever.

> The shadowing on the image isn't perfect, but the client is thrilled. If
> she's happy, I'm happy. :)
 And subsequent comments.

On the basis solely on fiddling with the image, and consideration of the
pearlescent nature of the young lady's skin, I conclude that the over-
exposure problem is due to the flash being attached to the camera. Her skin
behaved a bit like a mirror and reflected the light accordingly.

Had two (or more) lighting units been used, from the side / above, I think the
matter would never have arisen for discussion.

Brian Swale.