Re: [OM] Kodak's long fade to black - latimes.com

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodak's long fade to black - latimes.com
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 06:59:05 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

> I do kinda feel for the community of Rochester. So much of
> the economy of that area is dependant upon that loser of a
> company. My employer just bought another company in that
> city and made the unusual decision (past history) of
> actually leaving leaving most of the employees there. My
> concern was that we'd throw Rochester under the bus, but
> for now it looks OK. Wish Kodak could slap itself out of
> this self-destructive mode, but I'm thinking that it won't
> happen because the very nature of the corporate culture is
> ALL about continuity of a business mindset which no longer
> works.

     <<SIGH>>

     The very nature of American business dysfunction.  Same thing happened to
Motorola's semiconductor sector. They used to be THE powerhouse for
semiconductors, and then a few years ago I watched at their original
fabrication plant just two miles from me was slowly demolished and carted away
to scrap dealers.  All that remained was a saguaro cactus and s sign for the
credit union.  The sign was stolen less than a year ago.

Chris