Re: [OM] Kodak's long fade to black - latimes.com

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodak's long fade to black - latimes.com
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 09:57:14 -0500
All that remains of IBM Boca Raton, FL is the IBM Southeast Employee's
Federal Credit Union... a site that once housed 15,000 employees.  All
that remains of IBM Endicott, NY (where I am now) is about 2,000
employees where once it was also 15,000.  IBM, of course, has hardly
disappeared.  In fact, after shrinking from 400,000 employes to 200,000
in the late 80s and early 90s it has grown back to 400,000+ employees
and much larger revenues.  It re-invented itself after the early 90s but
the re-invention along with Moore's law has seen a dramatic reduction in
the amount of manufacturing space and manufacturing employees.

Chuck Norcutt