Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 48: Bath and London

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 48: Bath and London
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 14:28:10 -0000
Trains to Taunton leave from Paddington station in London, Michael (same as
Bath). An example of the timetable is here:
http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/pdf/result.pdf?ts=1323181286861

Thanks for the reminder of Bath, Nathan. I did a double take on seeing your
opening shot - that's the Empire Hotel! Except it isn't a hotel, but
retirement flats - nor was it as I remember it in the mid 1980s, in use by
the Ministry of Defence (it had been requisitioned in 1939  when the HQ of
the Royal Navy was moved to Bath). Setting up an office in the Ballroom
(which is now the Garfunkel's restaurant you can see in your photo) was an
eye-opener.

Piers