[OM] Airport Photography

Subject: [OM] Airport Photography
From: Brian Gray <bsg017@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 17:36:10 +0000
John Hudson said
<
Subject: Re: [OM] Denizens of O'Hare
To: Olympus Camera Discussion [1]<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The rules about taking photos in US airports must be different from those in
Canada. Here, I think it is prohibited or at least invites the RCMP to frog
march one off the premises with a do not return notice.

As for the UK, try doing it in airports and railway stations and one risks
arrest and prosecution.

jh

I am with Chris Barker on this.  I have never had trouble with a camera in a UK
or European airport, or on my rare visits to the USA.  But I have never been to
Canada, so I am duly warned and will try to remember that their staff might beha
ve like those reputed to act for Greek airports with close military links.   Per
haps I would have been in trouble in Italy if I had used a camera on the apron a
t Naples this year instead of in the terminal buildings.

Brian Gray