Re: [OM] The Leica film - good news and bad news and good news

Subject: Re: [OM] The Leica film - good news and bad news and good news
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 19:11:00 -0500
The 5D is now about 5-1/2 years old and has far more exposures on its
clock (about 21,000) than likely the sum of all film exposures I ever
took since getting my first camera in 1963.  I haven't been (very)
tempted to replace it and, since the shutter is supposedly good to
150,000 frames I've still got a long, long way to go.  The 5D supplanted
but did not totally replace the Minolta A1.  The Samsung WB650 has also
entered the scene as a pocket camera but it has only extended my photo
capabilities without replacing the other cameras.  The only camera that
has been totally replaced was my very first digital; a little Nikon
Coolpix P&S that has been entirely forgettable.

But I haven't completely forsaken the OMs. Dean Hansen and I are
planning a Florida get together in February wherein he will show me how
to shoot jumping spiders and other miniature critters with polarized
flash units and other macro exotica.  I'll be taking along (used to be
Moose's) OM-4 for some remedial film camera instruction.  Dean wants me
to bring Dr. Flash along.  Must be he's contemplating branching out to
weddings and Bar Mitzvahs. :-)

Chuck Norcutt