Re: [OM] (OM) Flower study

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Flower study
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 11:34:49 -0700

> I think it needs more depth of field.  Fully half or more of the
> blossoms are out of focus.  But maybe it could get by with even less
> depth of field instead by blurring those out of focus parts even more.
> My problem with the image is that the out of focus bits are not enough
> out of focus to keep my eyes from trying to focus them.  There is also a
> vertical light streak at far left. I would agree with removing the
> blossom at far right but would prefer that it be more fully included if
> you should reshoot it.  There is plenty of space in the frame.  Cropping
> or removal decisions can be made later.

    I agree with Chuck on this, and furthermore the photo should encompass
the entire group of flowers at the end of the branch and be centred.  A
portrait format closeup of a single raceme, such as the one to the lower
right, would do very well if you can adjust the DOF to fade out the
background.

Chris