Re: [OM] (OM) An indication of the market worth of E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) An indication of the market worth of E-1
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 10:28:05 -0600
I agree with Chris regarding the limitations in cropping. This is probably
one of the biggest drawbacks of the E-1. However, on the flip side, the
100% viewfinder and the 645 format means that if you can get it right in
camera, the amount of cropping for final use is limited. What is neat is
how confident you can be with the framing in the E-1.

It does definitely force you to get it right in camera, though. Too much
chopping of the image and you'll be flat up against the hyperactive AA
filter.

For some odd reason, I have one particular problem with the E-1. More often
than not, My images are slightly tilted. Nothing wrong with the camera, but
the more squarish format and small viewfinder means that I'm not seeing the
tilt. The grid screen helped, but still I struggle with this.

At this event the other night, there was another photographer who took an
interest in the E-1. I handed it to him and the look of childlike joy on
his face as he commented on how good it felt and the awesome view of the OM
Zuikos almost made him a convert on the spot. I must say that there is no
other camera that feels as good in the hand as the E-1.

Oh, BtW, of the 200ish pictures I shot, about half made it to the album and
not a single one required cropping.

AG