Re: [OM] (OM) OT Severe gales in N UK and Scotland reported

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Severe gales in N UK and Scotland reported
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 11:41:57 -0700

> > > Just wondering how Piers and Donald have fared in the gales of
> > > about 260 km/h  recently reported.
> > >

> >     Looks like the severity of that weather is going to worsen in
> > the next 24 hours:
>

> Yes, that's a pretty deep low.  I have cancelled flying for tomorrow,
> and we are in East Anglia, near Huntingdon.

    Judging from the time factor alone, this looks like it evolved from the
abnormally cold weather we had here a week ago.  Large Arctic airmass moving
to the southwest from Hudson Bay.  For six days here it did not get above
55ºF.  That's very cold for this part of the world (Phoenix, AZ), perhaps
balmy for other places (Spitzbergen).

Chris