Re: [OM] The Leica film - good news and bad news and good news

Subject: Re: [OM] The Leica film - good news and bad news and good news
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 11:16:04 -0500
I finally remembered to go pick up the film from the Leica.  It was not
as I first understood it.  I'm not sure why I understood that the
exposed frames were only exposed near the sprocket holes.  Not so.
Really not so.  All of the frames in the film chamber were (based on
density) about 50% exposed across their full width with the exception of
the frame directly behind the shutter which was affected slightly and
only around its periphery.  The last frame on the take-up spool was also
exposed perhaps 20%.  Had there been images on the film 2-3 would have
likely been irretrievably lost, one would have been completely
recoverable except its edges and I think another would have been
recoverable with lots of PhotoShop work to work on color and contrast.

Don't unwittingly repeat this test at home!  :-)

Chuck Norcutt