Re: [OM] (OM) Noise with E-3

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Noise with E-3
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 09:32:38 -0600
> A good quality print should have 250-300 pixels per inch.

I believe you are overstating that a bit. Absent of an A-B comparison,
I doubt most people would notice ANY loss of resoultion/detail in a
print with 180 pixels per inch.

Besides, in reality, we're up against lens/optical/dof issues by that point.

The eye notices edges. As long as an edge is razer sharp, it doesn't
matter if you got there with 100ppi, 200ppi or 300ppi. The eye has
little ability to notice much low-contrast details.

AG