Re: [OM] Ten

Subject: Re: [OM] Ten
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 14:47:38 -0600
On Sat, Dec 17, 2011, at 12:51 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> Narrow DoF has to be my number one cliche. Only gotten worse in recent
> years because our cameras can't supposably do narrow DoF so we end up
> exaggerating it every chance we get.

That is so true.

The list is a hoot.  Really enjoyed it.

Of course, a cliche and whether or not a photo is representative of it
has no bearing on the photograph itself or its value.  The sunset shown
as an example is not very interesting as sunsets go, which is not what
makes it a cliche.  The cellphone self-portrait is adorable, which is
also nothing to do with its being a cliche.  Put too much stock in
originality and you may as well give up photography.  Do it really well,
and it doesn't matter, but someone somewhere is not going to like your
subject-matter, no matter what.

Joel W.