Re: [OM] Lummox G2 or G3

Subject: Re: [OM] Lummox G2 or G3
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 15:21:56 -0600
> And Ken, why do you think you'd prefer a Sony NEX over a G3?

The NEX inherits a lot of contol philosophy from Minolta. There are reasons
why I still keep the lowly A1 around. Also, the shear pixel count is a good
reason. As rarely as I buy cameras, I really don't want to be too far
behind when I buy the next camera. Viewfinder is another consideration too.
This one is very nice. The formfactor is such that the camera will slip
into a slot in my camera bag nicely. This is the "digital back" for Zuikos
that I was more hoping for. Finally, the larger sensor. It's not much
larger, but is enough to make a difference for me. It's worth an entire
step in focal lengths. Oh, and most importantly--the electronic first
curtain. Essentially zero latency. The 5n has this and my experience with
it is eye-opening. That electronic first curtain also makes the camera MUCH
quieter.

One thing is for certain. I won't be buying any cameras with only 12MP nor
cameras that require external viewfinders.

AG