Re: [OM] Scan sizes (was Old friends (was "Kodak's long fade..."))

Subject: Re: [OM] Scan sizes (was Old friends (was "Kodak's long fade..."))
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 12:13:00 -0600
That scanner is quite a bit newer than mine.  USB support I assume.

There is a setting in VS I like to use called pixel averaging.  It
results in a file half the size (which is plenty big enough) if you
select "2x2" and the result is sharper from the outset. I scan to TIF as
it is the only way to get 16-bit files.  I knock them down to 8-bit jpgs
when I'm done with adjustments to color, etc., and save the output that
way.

Joel W.