[OM] Custom Leather straps

Subject: [OM] Custom Leather straps
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 15:06:29 -0600
So, here is the deal. There is this lady who does custom handtooling
of leather for various things. At the moment, she's making up a
beautiful strap for my daughter's bass guitar. As I was looking at
this thing I started asking questions about having her make custom
straps for cameras.

I recall discussion in the past regarding these shorter than normal,
thin straps that Leica had. Somehow they work good for wrapping around
your hand or something. I'm thinking about having her make me a custom
strap if we can get the specs sorted out. Also, if we come up with a
nice design and coloring option (she can do any common colors an
combinations of colors), it wouldn't be a bit of a problem to have a
quantity made up and sold at a competitive price.

But first, I'd like to have her make me one and if you all like it,
we'll figure those details later.

What recommendations do you have on length and width? I'm not looking
for a standard neck strap, but something that does that little
different thing. Something that works better in the hand. I've
forgotten the dimensions, but it was like 10" or something.

Please advise,

AG