Re: [OM] Strike one up for the underground protest

Subject: Re: [OM] Strike one up for the underground protest
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 22:40:03 -0600
That is more than I can adsorb in this lifetime!  There is a strong protest
going on from AOPA and the airline organizations about the impact of
LightSquare's plans on airborne GPS.  I think a lot of money influenced
their ability to get in they position they are in, and very little technical
consideration was given to the impact.  Their position is that all existing
and all new GPS units should be modified to avoid the interference they will
produce.  You can see how popular that is with a large group of airplane
owners with significant investments in current GPS technology.

Thanks for the education!

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA