Re: [OM] Software upgrade treadmill - Picture Window Pro

Subject: Re: [OM] Software upgrade treadmill - Picture Window Pro
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 07:17:16 -0500
16 bit is not important to image size but rather to color/brightness
accuracy during editing operations that manipulate pixel brightness.
Beyond that it doesn't matter except to ease of workflow.  Once
color/brightness have been edited 8 bits is more than enough for prints
as no print has enough dynamic range to exceed 8 bits... more like 5-6 bits.

Chuck Norcutt