Re: [OM] Ten

Subject: Re: [OM] Ten
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 07:20:43 -0500
Wonderful TV commercial last year I think. Can't recall what it was for, but
there was a rental booth in a park where guys rented puppies to then take forth
to attract the babes. Worked amazingly well. Of course, it was a commercial.
<g> Last frame was a long shot of the booth with guys lined up and the
voiceover: "Get the Lab." I find that even with my 10-year-old Lab at my side,
women just can't seem to help veering off course to speak to the dog. Some of
them even say "Hi" to me. <g>

Babies work pretty well, too. I was in a bookshop with my cousin and her little
one years ago when my cousin went to the counter to get cookies and left me
with the babe in basket. Within about half a moment a lovely woman very much
not too young for me was cooing and making faces at the child. My cousin
returned, saw this happening, and raised an eyebrow at me as if to say, "Should
I go browse?"

I would recommend Yellow Labs and Golden Retrievers for over-the-top cuteness
quotient, and Huskies and Australian Shepherds (?) for the eyes.

--Bob