Re: [OM] Old friends (was "Kodak's long fade...")

Subject: Re: [OM] Old friends (was "Kodak's long fade...")
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 07:23:50 -0500
If the scanner is a USB scanner then the low level USB driver interface
is already there.  He simply needs to talk to it.  SCSI would be a
different matter.  Microsoft quit supplying Adaptec SCSI drivers with
Win2000 because they substituted their own form of SCSI driver that
never gained any traction.  If that is still distributed in more modern
versions of Windows I suppose VueScan might be able to operate by
talking directly to Microsoft's driver.

Chuck Norcutt