Re: [OM] (OM) hat happened to Rawshoter

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) hat happened to Rawshoter
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 10:06:03 -0600
> I suspect that Piers is asking a loaded question.  I don't remember what I
> missed Piers. Sometimes I have been severely distracted and "there are
many
> OM digests I have not read" - at infrequent intervals. - is probably the
> best answer I can give.

This happens to me once in a while. There will be a thread on something
that doesn't interest me in the least. Absolutely nothing about it applies
to me. So I ignore it and  end up just whacking them without even glancing
at them. Then a few weeks later, I get the whachamacallit and wish that I
had paid attention.

The problem is, I can only absorb so much information at a time. I must
vote things off my island. The treatise on 2G/3G/4G is only possible
because that's one of the worlds of which I am living in right now. I'm
being paid to know this stuff.

It's not that the other stuff isn't of value, but what is cool about this
list is that no matter how obscure the subject, there is usually somebody
here that is actually an expert on it. All I have to do is ask a question
and within a few hours I know more about the subject than I ever thought
reasonable to know.

 AG