Re: [OM] Strike one up for the underground protest

Subject: Re: [OM] Strike one up for the underground protest
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 20:59:23 -0500
100 Mbit Ethernet cards have been around for very many years.  Even if
your computer is 6 or 8 or maybe even 10 years old it likely has a 100
Mbit card in it.  1 Gbit Ethernet cards have been around for several
years as well.  Those are only useful to you in local area nets inside
your house.  There's no outside cable or other service that gives you
data faster than what can be handled by a 100 Mbit card.

For the computer itself once the data comes off the card and onto the
I/O bus 1 Gbit is child's play.

Chuck Norcutt