Re: [OM] [OT] Booting from an eSATA drive

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Booting from an eSATA drive
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 08:54:13 -0500
This is what I use in my Dell desktop to get eSATA
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=16-132-013&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29&Page=1#scrollFullInfo>

It just worked from day one in WinXP with no additional software
required.  The drives can be turned on and off after boot just like USB
devices.  One can also boot from these drives if initially turned on and
selected in the BIOS.  The drives most frequently attached are 500 GB
Seagates.

But it doesn't work for everyone.  The page above includes the comments
from the minority of users who have rated it #1 (low) on a scale of 1-5.
  It seems not to work with certain drives and especially with people
who bought it hoping to build a RAID configuration.

Chuck Norcutt