Re: [OM] (OM) OT A note for facebook users

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT A note for facebook users
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 18:49:57 +0000
Hi Chris,

* On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 04:09:25PM +0000, Chris Barker said:
> I'm just looking at installing a central heating system in our annex, a
> system which uses gas but which generates electricity at the same time.
> It must be too good to be true.

Micro-CHP plants are good, and can be quite effective, I'm curious to know
how long the break even point is for you on it ..  It's something I think
we'll be seeing more off over he next few years, but the logistical
difficulties associated with such micro-generation while attached to the
grid are quite intricate.  But worth pursuing as there is a great deal of
energy lost through traditional heating systems.