Re: [OM] (no subject) [LinkedIn]

Subject: Re: [OM] (no subject) [LinkedIn]
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 11:19:28 -0500
I joined LinkedIn with some trepidation a year or so ago. I received an
invitation from someone I know in the mining industry. I initially
refused, but he replied with a reason why LinkedIn is useful: People in
the mining industry move around quite often (between companies,
countries; e-mails change with takeovers etc) and LinkedIn becomes a way
to keep track of these movements (as business cards are quickly out of
date). So, with this in mind, I don't think LI is a scam; however, I
fully suspect that it gets highjacked by unscrupulous people from time
to time.

So far, I've received a few unsolicited requests from LinkedIn, which I
always delete. Beyond that, nothing untoward.

Best wishes to all for a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Martin