Re: [OM] FTL origin

Subject: Re: [OM] FTL origin
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 09:50:23 -0500
Camerapedia doesn't say who made it but notes a close resemblance to the
Pentax Spotmatic with mods to the screw mount lens lock to accommodate
TTL metering.  But I do think it was Minolta who held the patent on OTF
metering, not just OTF flash.  It was interesting that they sold rights
to use it to Olympus without using it themselves for a long time.  See
<http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Olympus_FTL>

Chuck Norcutt