Re: [OM] (no subject) [LinkedIn]

Subject: Re: [OM] (no subject) [LinkedIn]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 14:41:45 -0600
Linkedin has actually been quite valuable for me as it has allowed me to
network with some people I used to work with in another industry about a
dozen years ago. Recently, I had to go into job-hunting mode, and being
able to use these people as resources was quite valuable. In the end, I was
able to maintain employment continuity, but was extremely close to a move.
Thanks to Linkedin, I had opportunities open up which were long since
dormant.

I do not use it as a "social" site. Other than a couple groups which I
infrequently participate in, Linkedin is strictly a professional tool for
me. In this day and age, specifically in the industry which I currently
work, having this networking tool is worth gold. I had a few offers in
countries I didn't really want to move to with two teenage daughters, but
know that if push came to shove, I could move to any one of 15 countries in
a heartbeat. Just as is here on this list, I've forged some friendships
which transcend geography and language.

AG