[OM] Nathan's PAD 1/1/2012 and 2/1/2012: swords into plowshares, so to s

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 1/1/2012 and 2/1/2012: swords into plowshares, so to speak
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 17:21:57 +0100
The city of my birth, Wrocław in Poland, is a city with a lot of history. Too
much history, in a way. But now it is living what is probably the best period
in its 1000+ years history. I have not been back since January 2010, and during
those two years a lot of changes have taken place, all for the better. The
three pictures for the first two days of the New Year illustrate those changes
and how the city's turbulent history is now being transformed into something
nice. Read the captions for further details.

January 1st: Hala Stulecia / Centennial Hall / Jahrhunderthalle:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#1657269261_FJ3JNQ9-O-LB

January 2nd (two for one): a WW2 bunker that is now being put to very good use:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#1657269349_nLqHn4b-O-LB
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#1657269586_rsFVLqM-O-LB

BTW, the first of the January 2nd pictures was taken with the 12mm CV lens on
the M8, so equals 16mm in film terms. I am glad I brought it on this trip. I
don't bother using a finder, I just point, shoot, chimp and re-shoot if
necessary.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman