Re: [OM] WTB Grip for OM-3,3Ti,4,4T,4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] WTB Grip for OM-3,3Ti,4,4T,4Ti
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 12:32:57 -0500
Yes, an interesting question.  But I'd be inclined to think that the
mass of a winder would add to the stability of the camera when shooting.
I think we all finally concluded that the real vibration problem with
the OM was the normally open diaphragm.  To kick the diaphragm closed
(especially in big lenses) takes a monstrous kick from the diaphragm
activation lever in the body.  That strong kick imparts a jerk to the
camera in the opposite direction.  The more mass to be moved the less
the shake that gets imparted.

Or buy a Nikon or other brand which has normally closed lenses.  Could
be Maitani San's largest design error.

Chuck Norcutt