Re: [OM] Leaked possible Fuji mirrorless offering

Subject: Re: [OM] Leaked possible Fuji mirrorless offering
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 17:54:48 -0500
Cough, cough! The big boys, not so much. I've mounted Nikon lenses from the
late '60s/early '70s on my D3 and they work spectacularly. Of course you have
to, ah, manualize them (sorry, Chris, couldn't resist), but that's not a big
deal. (But, true, you can't go the other way anymore.) Personally, I think it's
more cost efficient to spring for the good stuff up front then sit back for a
while. I bought my D3 a long time ago in digital years. And I'll probably get
another year out of it before I go to the D4, assuming the D4 is all it's
cracked up to be.

(Caveat: This is easy to say when the camera system pays for itself. If it
doesn't, you've got other considerations. But I still think it's much easier to
sit with something for a while and ignore all the latest/greatest unless you
need it, and who really does?) Shoot, AG, you're still using the E-1, and
effectively so. That's bang for the buck.

--Bob