Re: [OM] Leaked possible Fuji mirrorless offering

Subject: Re: [OM] Leaked possible Fuji mirrorless offering
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 22:06:43 -0500
Pretty much the same but I've spent much less money I think.  I bought
my 5D 5-1/2 years ago for, IIRC, about $2900.  But apart from the body
I've spent relatively little money.  At the time I bought it I also
bought a new Tokina AT-X 28-80/2.8 for about $400 (just before they were
discontinued).  I also bought a used Tokina AT-X 80-200/2.8 for about
$350.  I've since added a used Tamron 20-40/2.7-3.5 and a used Tamron
24-135/3.5-5.6.  Both lenses are film era Canon AF mount and I doubt
that I paid more than $200 total for both of them.  The 20-40 was a real
steal at $79.  Sold on ebay by Goodwill Industries.  OM mount glass
serves as macro lenses.

I still have my Minolta A1 which gets used once in a while and this past
year I added a Samsung P&S.  The only digital camera I jettisoned was my
first one, a small 2MP Nikon P&S.

The 5D Mk II didn't offer enough to get me to change.  Maybe the Mk III
will but who knows when that's coming or what it will be.  What will
tempt me will be truly high ISO.  I'd probably jump at something that
gave me ISO 12,800 with quality equal to the 5D's ISO 1600 (3 stops
more).  The 5D does go to 3200 but gets pretty noisy at that level.

Chuck Norcutt