Re: [OM] Leaked possible Fuji mirrorless offering

Subject: Re: [OM] Leaked possible Fuji mirrorless offering
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 14:19:13 +0000
Thanks for that information, Chuck.

I've just taken a series of shots (RAW) with my K-5 to see what was usable.  I
then tried to upload the results so that you could see.  Then the upload took a
lunchtime to send one image (!) and I realised that I had taken the shots with
-0.7 compensation set.  I could re-compensate in Aperture, but I wondered then
if that made a difference compared with no compensation in the first place.

So, I took the shots again, 400, 3200, 6400 and 12800; below 3200 is all pretty
good, above 12800 is usable but messy.  And the results are better with no
original compensation, obviously, I suppose.

My conclusion is that up to 3200 and the noise-speckling is fine and I can
ignore it.  At 6400 the noise remains almost as fine, and at 12800 it's obvious
at normal viewing resolutions.

Subjectively I should say that my K-5 is marginally better than your 5D, but
that's not particularly scientific a test :-)

Chris