Re: [OM] phototherm

Subject: Re: [OM] phototherm
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 14:24:01 +0000
Mark,

$200 is a crazy good score, even for a non-super sidekick.

The tank size can be selected from the menu, so no faking out needed.

I only bother to save bleach, when doing C41. Dev is cheap enough and
important enough that I don't bother dealing with saving/replenishing it.

Agreed re: Quality, turnaround time, lack of screwups, etc - the sidekick is
a godsend in that regard. Cheaper than any lab too, and you can know that
it's done right, using the correct process (full C-41 in my case), not done
with some of the speed-oriented, compromised C41 processes that most
minilabs run anyway. (the washless versions of c41, for example).

I double up rolls of 120, taping them end-to-end, so 2 rolls of 120 on one
reel. Works fine. A good tip to save some chemistry and do twice as much at
once. Just in case you didn't know that...

-Ed