Re: [OM] Frustrated of Switzerland

Subject: Re: [OM] Frustrated of Switzerland
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 19:47:57 +0000
I've been meaning to mention that I have 2 new camera rucksacks – by Kata.

Kata had an offer before Christmas and I bought one to replace an ageing and
crumbling Crumpler; that was the 467i.

The other was a 3N1-11, which is reversible as as Wiliam is describing.  The
difference might be that the Kata bag can be left- or right-handed, whereas the
Slingshot is one side only, as well as being convertible to a normal rucksack.

Each bag has space for a laptop, the bigger one up to 17", the smaller up to
11": it will just fit my MacBook Air 11.6"; in addiiton each has a weather
cover.

I really liked using my Slingshot on the mountain on Madeira, but the Kata
3N1-11 is just a bit better.  Each bag feels much lighter than I am used to,
but Kata has a lifetime warranty and they feel pretty robust.

The Slingshot has gone to my 60D-toting son.

Chris