Re: [OM] Kirk Tuck on micro 4/3

Subject: Re: [OM] Kirk Tuck on micro 4/3
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 06:34:12 +0000
Yes, that is interesting.  Thanks, Chuck.

I don't know how the vertical control knob on the E-P2 works, but what turned
me off the E-PL2 and E-PL3 was the difficulty of using the control wheel on the
back, the one around the arrow buttons (I can't remember the names of these
controls).  It was difficult to use with out pressing it.  In addition, I found
the menu system toy-like.  So, although I agree with KT on the usefulness of IS
in the Olympus Pen bodies, the Panasonic µ43 bodies have the edge for their
control functionality.

But also, KT writes about using different lenses on the µ43 bodies: this
facility's usefulness is marred for me by the 2x crop factor.  I tired of
having to use Zuikos, on the few occasions when I did attach them to the GF-1
or the E-PL2, as double their marked focal length.

I shall try my 50/1.4 on my NX200, when the adaptor arrives, but I suspect that
the exercise will be just as tedious and I'll sell that system as well.  I
suppose that I could have a go with my Zuikos on an OM body or 2 . . . :-)

Chris