Re: [OM] New Toy

Subject: Re: [OM] New Toy
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 16:38:23 -0800
On 1/12/2012 3:16 AM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Damn, they do look nice.

Thanks! I'll take some credit as operator and processor. ;-)

> I do like #61 - the kids and the moon.

Thanks again. They were very active, taunting boys down at the bottom of the
rock, and having a ball. This was the
better pose of the two shots I tried. That's a really tough shot with most
compacts, with very wide DR, actually greater
than I let it appear, as I wanted the girls not dark and to still hold the
moon. The very low shadow noise at ISO 80-100
allows shooting to the right and bringing up the rest in post without a lot of
trouble. RAW also allows more highlight
recovery at those low ISOs than I expected.

> I led the S95 when I tried one.  Preferred the Oly XZ-1 as it had a faster
> lens.

This is  whole new camera. It just has the next number in line and looks much
like the S95.

> I note that www.cameraleather.com has covers for the S90 - perhaps Morgan
> might make you some nice red snakeskin covers for the S100?

Other than esthetics, which don't appeal to me, at least the grip stuff for the
S95, I don't see any practical reason.
All but the top plate are a slightly rough finish, not tacky/rubbery, but far
from slippery. Sort of like fineish
sandpaper, but without the such sharp edges on the bits of grit. With the nice,
rubbery thumb grip and new rubbery
finger grip strip on the front, it's quite stable in my one hand.

I just put a cut down cell phone LCD cover on it.

Moose