Re: [OM] Li-ion battery life, was: New Toy

Subject: Re: [OM] Li-ion battery life, was: New Toy
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 09:55:39 -0600
> The drop in capacity of the
> Canon battery seemed to take place almost overnight.

Welcome to the world of Li-ion batteries. They don't usually fade away
gracefully.

Of my clones, one is probably at 60-70% of new, the other dead. My OEM
batteries aare all hanging in there very well. Maybe down a bit, but I
don't usually use them to exhaustion. The monster battery in my E-1
battery-grip could probably lose 75% of its capacity and I'd never
know.

But that could all change overnight.

And we groused about battery consumption in the OM-2S and OM-4.

AG