[OM] (OM) Three images

Subject: [OM] (OM) Three images
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 18:43:19 +1300
http://www.brianswale.com/zuikoholics/October-2011/Oct-2011.htm

At the top.

>From the left; the first one is one I bought from the main local newspaper
(so they own the copyright). It is an aerial shot of Clyde township where I
live, looking north up the valley of the Clutha River. You can see the local
golf course on the left, and on the right the highway into Central Otago
continues on its relentless way. It  is one of only 4 roads into this central
region.
Our house is close to the little green square with trees (Seton Square, with
Ponderosa pines) in the middle. Come southwest at 4 o'clock and we are
2nd house on the side nearest camera.
In the late 1800's a major gold find (84 lb of gold dust panned at the head of
the present hydro lake, before they reported it) by Hartley and his mate
started a huge gold rush.

This photo is of the 8x10 print I bought and that print is not particularly
sharp. When I tried sharpening my camera copy of it, the house roofs shone
like beacons, so I did just a very slight sharpen.

The other two are of current rose blooms in our garden.

All 3 photos hand-held.

Brian Swale.