Re: [OM] Digital OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital OM?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 12:32:09 -0600
While true that the OM-2s was effectively a PAM camera, and the OM-4Ti an
AM camera, it's how it is achieved which is the issue.

I much prefer the mode switch method of the OM system over the new modal
soft-dial methods we have today. I don't even care for the "A" position on
aperture or shutter speed dials because this requires a dramatic change of
setting anytime that you want to quickly flip between modes on a shot by
shot basis.

The OM system is probably about the most ideal in this regard. An aperture
setting applies for all modes. When working in tricky lighting you can
establish a baseline aperture and shutter speed. Most of the time you keep
the camera in auto mode, but the moment you have a situation where the
meter is being fooled, just flip the switch, take you picture and flip ot
back. It's like having two exposures available at any time.

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx