Re: [OM] OM focusing screen

Subject: Re: [OM] OM focusing screen
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 20:41:15 -0800
On 1/17/2012 11:43 AM, Ch. Zhou wrote:
> Has anyone used the focusing screen 1-3? It looks like 1-13 without
> micro prisms. Since I hardly use the micro prisms, I may buy a cheap 1-3
> and have some fun.

It's been some time since I used different screens. I'm mostly happy with a
1-13 or 2-13, although one OM-4 has a 2-4 in it.

My first OM-1, 30+ years ago, came with a 1-1, with which I was perfectly happy
for some time. As I recall, the split
image works better for some focal lengths and subjects, microprism for others.
(microprism for WA, split image for tele??)

I do have, and have used at least briefly, a 1-3, but preferred 1-1. And
really, I think the combo screens are best all
around, if focusing aids are desired. The plain matte screens are also very
nice, if one is blessed with good vision.

Moose