Re: [OM] LR at 300 dpi was Sagelight editor

Subject: Re: [OM] LR at 300 dpi was Sagelight editor
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 12:09:53 -0500
In the print engine it can and does. (But not anywhere else, you're correct.)
In Print, there's a little box for Resolution. You can enter any value you
want. An excellent article in Digital Photo Pro (immediate past issue, I think,
maybe current) by Jeff Schewe, who is something of a sharpening guru, oops,
Guru <g>. When using Epson printers, he recommends setting resolution at 720
for smaller prints (4x6, 7x10, etc.) and 360 for larger. With Canon printers,
switch numbers to 600 & 300. Sounds flaky, but damned if it doesn't work. I've
tried it and LR does a smash job of making the prints.

Conventional wisdom says you can't rez files in such a promiscuous manner, but
LR experience says differently.

--Bob